You are the (x) reader!!

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A waste of time, a lot more to learn

An AGM of Malaysian Students' Association was held in Biochemical-Physiological Department's lecture hall.

The meeting was held on Sunday morning, 10.45pm when I was still dwelling in my slumberland, playing chess with its citizen. Then suddenly ShouZhi called and asked me if I wanted to go. I told him I was still sleeping and might not be going.

Then slowly, I woke up when my sympathetic nervous system dominated the parasympathetic. After washing up, I texted ShouZhi and asked if the meeting was still on. It was still on after 1.5 hours. But he told me that it's gonna end, and I shouldn't went. So I figured to stop by for a while and go buy some chocolates for exam mental preparation.

When I arrived there, the hall was almost full of students. I peeked into the hall, there's no back path to go up to the place where Shouzhi, Rose, Shuyu and Mianxin sat. So I had to go in front of the huge crowd to go up. For no reason, they applaud. Was kind of happy but embarassed at the same time. Luckily I have a huge wall stuck on my face.

I asked Shouzhi what happened so far and he told me some aggresive individuals blasting at the newly elected President (Mr. FNM) and questioning about his capability. One said that FNM has no experience in dealing with the deans office which, on the contrary, he had alot of experience like some yesteryears presidents. Another was telling that the extra practical which the majority opposed, was useful and fun. He gave the example of 10 signs and symptoms of appendicitis that he learnt in the extra practical while the other who didn't have it, learnt only 3 in the usual classes.
(Come on, I did my practicals here too in the summer and all they let me do were just usual patient clerking, some physical examinations and more observations, it's not like they will allow you to do any procedures, and the nurses are really assholes)

And there was a little girl who suggested that the MSA shouldn't deal for example, Malaysian Night alone. They should INVITE the representatives from other organisations like UMNO, MISA (Malaysian Indian Students Associations, PPIM (don't know what does it stand for but it's for muslims). But Malaysians are Malaysians. There's no racial predilection here in handling the Malaysian Night. If it's called the Malaysian Night for all Malaysians, let the MSA committees do their job. We, on the other hand, perform the tasks, together as a whole we make this event happen. No need to invite this and that people from what club and organisation. We have batch representatives for 1st, ....6th course.

So luckily we have defenders like Ms JD and Mr AM. JD said that she learnt the 10 signs in the usual class too instead of being in the extra practical(which is way wasting time). AM said that there was one day while doing the extra practical, in the 3 hours, the teacher ONLY taught them about bleeding, again, for 3 hours instead of doing the others. AM also emphasized on the matter which once he had to wait for an hour for the teacher to be free, so 1 hour wasted, a few USD notes flew away.

The abovementioned were those that I heard from the 3rd party because I was really late. News travel and alter really fast. Never know who's right and who's wrong.

What I hope is the highest authority will symphatize us and :
1. Decrease the 500USD to a lower price like 200USD.
2. Integrate the extra practical classes into the normal classes.
3. Assign us to an english-speaking qualified teachers.

Majority of the Malaysian students, particularly the private students and the JPA students went against the idea of having extra practicals here. It's not like what we learnt in Russia could be accepted in Malaysia. They might have their own way in terms of practical skills. Also for those who have Russian Language classes on the same day, come to a "2 diverged roads in the white woods(winter ma)" situation. Give up the pracs, a part of the 500USD fly without wings. Give up the Russian class, money would also fly without wings.

So in the end, nothing was really done regarding the extra-pracs, which disappointed most of the students. It's a waste of time for those who were rooting for the MSA to come out with something somewhat useful like "The extra practical is abolished!!" or "They agreed to decrease the price!!".

But one thing kudos to Mr FNM, our president, he said that "We're all Malaysians, so don't say that you're malay or chinese or indian, coz after all, we're Malaysians"
*applause*

Sigh, we have alot more to learn in dealing with the deans office. Yes, we do not possess the right to question about the highest authority's decision. BUT we demand the justice regarding the insane mega-ultra-super
ridiculous pricey extra practical mumbo-jumbo.

Kochi~

No comments: