You are the (x) reader!!

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A day to the Frozen Gorky Sea

The dream to go to Gorky Sea has finally come true. Sergey brought me, Alexey, Max and his precious Thai friend tum tum tum Tum there in the fine afternoon.


After picking up Alexey from his place, we began our journey to some place I call far, but they call it close (coz Nizhny is a freakin' big city)

Here we go, down the hill and river....


The weather was perfect, not too snowy. Just perfect to shoot pictures. And that's my native motive for being there in the trip.


As usual, they had to stop for a cigarette break. I saw a ray of a "snow-bow" (not to be confused with "rainbow") in the sky above the vast wasteland. So I told Sergey about it and he decided to pull over for me to snap the picture of that snowbow (also a chance for him to get himself pumped up with some nicotine in the lungs).

Do you note the snowbow on the left upper corner and Max on the right lower corner?


So after freezing myself taking a few shots of the scene together with them finishing their boost, we continued heading to our destination.


Here we go again~


So after a long journey, maybe x hours, we reached the city Городец (Gorodets). It's a friendly place, not too large as it seems to be and not as happening as in Nizhny Novgorod. Anyways, it owns the biggest attraction amongst Nizhnians - the Gorky Sea.




Sounds salty?


No not really. It's just a part of the Volga River but was cutted off by a dam to make as a water reservoir and also to prevent flood (so smart of me to have think like this without researching, hehehe).




It's so enormous and it did look like a sea to me. Just that it's all frozen up and the fishermen were drilling holes into the icey frozen water to fish.




You may see 2 fishermen fishing.
So I shot some photos, which I think were nice ones. See for yourself.....
So Tum got to try fishing with the short fishing rod, in the center of the Sea. How I'm jealous...haha!
So after faking out to be fishing, we went back to the shore. And took some pictures for memory.
I also took a picture of myself, STANDING ON THE FROZEN RIVER. It's worth a shot because after watching how Naruto standing on water, I'd like to try just that I'm no ninja.
See??? Cool aye???
After a short while on the river, we vroomed to the center of the city to a cafe to grab something to eat. We also visited a souvenir shop which sold almost all kinds of Russian souvenirs and their very own Пряний (Pryaniy). It's a cookie with all kinds of shapes and I got myself a teddy bear one. Ngehehehe.
And then we departed to a higher place - The Dam.
By the time we were there, the sun was setting and all things looked lovely, even this shot. We drove uphill along the river and guess what happend next?
Sergey, Alexey and Max went smoking again. But it was all good. I've taken a few nice shots while they were smoking. But something fishy though~ While I was trying to capture this photo -------

-----the policeman came and asked why did I try to make picture and banned me from shooting it. I wondered why. I tried to capture it behind Sergey and Alexey but I was again restricted from taking it. Sergey told me that it was some strategy thing to the police and he didn't want to have any problems with them. Instead he asked me to go into the car, scrape down the iced fog on the window to capture from the window.
Did what he told though. But when we're leaving, I managed to capture it.
That marked our journey to the Gorky Sea. We waved goodbye (in our fantasy) to Gorodets and went back to Nizhny Novgorod.
Bye bye.....
Even the sun left without a trace.


It's a long tiring day in the car after travelling 220km away from Nizhny Novgorod, but it's all worth it. It's also a great time to spend with Sergey before his departure to Thailand together with Tum. I'll sure miss him.

More photos at my picasa web album.

Kochi~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the snap shots~!! so nice u go jalan2...was stuck in d room all day..haha...bosan~!! didn't know sergey was leaving for thailand..TUMTUM?? is that a real name??

Kochi said...

Yep we have Bam Bam, they have Tum Tum

Anonymous said...

You biatchhheeeee why do you has to choose TOM TOM over efenem?
Why?
Why?
Why??????!!!!!!!!!
LEts go agains... I wanna goin too!

Anonymous said...

Luckily I opened the pics b4 the unlimited off!hehehe...likes all the pics...hehe

Anonymous said...

bring me along..lOl..

so unlucky i dont have my laptop with me when there's a golden chance with unlimited int..aiks..=~=

Anonymous said...

cool pics... bravo..

Kochi said...

Terima Kasih Kacang~~

keikomshan said...

ei is ur photo taking skill gettin good o ur gadgets is gettin good so d pic is prettier? hahah
any way happy new yr la~

Kochi said...

Both oso getting better la, skill-wise and gadjet-wise, also photo editing skill improved ngahahaha
Happy Moo Year to you too!!

Anonymous said...

i have a look at ur flickers.can i know what camera are you using now coz im thinking of getting the good quality ones like urs.btw, im Anne,3rd year med stud from RCSI,dublin.nice meeting you.

Kochi said...

Hi Anne. Nice to see you here again (after the hilarious article's comments).

There are many good cams taking good quality pictures. It depends on your personal preferences.

I'm using Fujifilm Finepix S5800 S800. If I was a rich boy, I'd go for other models. But Fujifilm is certainly one of the best in the camera world ))))))

Instant message me on MSN or Skype if you wanna discuss about cameras *winks*

We can do more than just getting acquainted *thinking positive*