You are the (x) reader!!

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Speaking English with the Russians.

On Friday, I received an SMS from Victor. He invited me to attend a meeting of his English lesson on Saturday and asked me to bring someone there. I've no one but Ieja to ask for accompaniment.

The place's situated not that far from the hostel so walking was great as the weather was so awesome. Victor and Kate were waiting for us at the entrance of Orbita. It's been such a long time since I last met him. I gave him a fridge magnet that I promised to buy him while I was in Warsaw.


We went up to the class and got acquainted with Katya (the boss of the club) and 6 more russians. 2 girls 4 guys, and this one guy who could speak a great English looked like Kid Rock!!! His name was Sevlovlad or Sevdovlad something close enough in between. The moniker was Seva. The other 5 I couldn't remember the name as they're sitting far away from me.


There were some topic to discuss in the lesson and we're guests of the day. We wrote greeting words on a card on behalf of St Valentine's Day. Ieja's greeting card was selected as one of the best (there were 2 best cards). I wrote "Because LOVE always prevails, two hearts should be joined together" with an arrow joining 2 hearts. I'm such a cupid! Victor drew out my card and he thought it's the best. Thanks Victor!


It was fun to know that there're still some russians who have passion for English. It's a great Saturday.


Kid Rock's on the first from the left, beside Ieja. Victor and Kate were on the right.





Kochi~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh! he's nothing close to kidrock la! hehe!~ but he looks hawwttt!

Kochi said...

No meh???!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

where got look alike kid rock? wahliao, your kid rock from which country one? ah sim....

Kochi said...

From Russia one lar!
Just put him in a younger version of Kid Rock. In fact he looks pretty alike like this http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/yearend/scandals/kid_rock.jpg

Kochi said...

You got to see him in real to really think that he looks like KR LOL

dan2k said...

damn!
Who is Kid Rock indeed?!)))))

Anonymous said...

Dan tu siapa? dia dari zaman kuno ke? oh ya btw, u sound like u super like KR. i tot ur more into Lady GaGa,the one with poker face who just like to dance, ting ting ting ??!!!

Kochi said...

Wah lau~~~

ZhiLi said...

eh this xseries very nice 1 lor, he/she likes to leave msg on our (mine and urs) blogs~ haiz my blog always have no one to leave a msg, coz as he said, boring blog.. but he stil leave a msg for me! so kind of him! :D