You are the (x) reader!!

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 10, 2008

Clarification - Russian classes

Years ago, I studied Russian very hard for the fucking "Avtomat" in order to be exempted from the dreadful Russian exams.

I remember during 2nd year's Russian classes, all we did was memorizing endless articles and re-telling about what we'd photocopied into our minds without knowing what's right and wrong. It was a whole year long of ordeal to me because again, to get the fucking "Avtomat", we had to memorize the fucking texts and articles, smile, and then get a 5 for the stupid story-telling test. Hence we omitted alot of useful words that might be integrated into normal daily conversations. Those words, if not all, were forgotten after the story telling contests which everyone was aiming for the "5".


Those who did not converse with Russians didn't even know the exact meaning of the words that they had memorized or the usage of the words. Some really made the effort out of themselves for self-improvement. They talked to people around, made friends with the locals and learned with it. Some just wanna get the 5 in order to be exempted from the exams with any ways like copying from the others, with their superb memorizing skills, kissing teachers' asses and a mile of loo--------oooong smile on the face.


I was one of the kiasu one who just wanted to be exempted from exams. I challenged my bad memory for getting an image of the text which was supposed to be remembered by heart. But nevertheless I tried to make friends and talk to them eventhough my Russian Language sucks ass. However I've improved through the conversations after the 5 long years.


Entered the 5th year. The same thing happened again. We have to memorize the articles or better, memorize the articles that were simplified by ownself. But indeniably that it is also a way of memorization. For mentally retarded me, it's so fucking hard to just to get the image of the articles. If during "reproduction" of the texts, if startled (due to panic attacks or just simply forgetting), you might get a 4 or worse, a 3 which is "satisfactory" but not bad. But to me that's a very bad mark for a very bad ass.


Enough is enough. I won't care about the fucking marks that I'm gonna get in the future. I just wanna study for my own good but not memorising about the fucking systems of the Russian hospitals, the follow up etc etc etc bla bla bla bla. What important to me now are the medical studies and to converse in a better Russian vocabulary in the right way. If the teacher decided to let me pass the exam without going through the whole process, i'd be thankful 100% to her. If not, I'll be doing what I think I should do best, ignoring all the others that aren't interesting to me....To those who did not think so, please leave a comment, hehehe. I'd be very glad if you could enlighten me.




Kochi~

No comments: