You are the (x) reader!!

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 10, 2008

My very own 1st niece in the family

There's nothing happier than having a baby in the family. It brings joy and laughter to the family. It's like an angel sent from above. A gift from the God after all the good things we've done.


About 4pm afternoon of 10 of October 2008, my eldest sister delivered a lovely baby. Though my sister had complication that she decided to deliver her baby by C-section, the baby came out perfectly fine. Everyone in the family was happy, including the bad ass who's living in Russia now (guess who?)


So, how should the baby call me then?

Uncle King?

Fat uncle?

1st uncle?

Big uncle?

or just "Uncle"?


I prefer the first one......


Oh yeah, in terms of naming, my sis has came out with a beautiful name for her very first born child.


陈巧灵 Cheryl Tan Chiau Ling

(How does it sound?)


However my dad has a problem with middle name. He said that the name should be covered by a "roof" not left empty. Words with "roof" eg. 宝,嘉,国,庆,霖。。。。 something like this. So the baby has not been named yet. My dad is probably thinking hard for the perfect name for his perfect 1st grandchild.


My lil' sis told me that the baby bears resemblence of the mother. I personally think so too.


Too bad I'm so far and could only see from the pics. Oh well, I just have to wait for my turn......hahahaha


Here are the pics taken.


Kochi~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much of an angel when they let out high frequency cries that could shatter even foolproof glasses..

Congrats, King.. ur parents precious 1st grandchild! make sure u be a good uncle that she'd be proud to call.

What a bundle of joy =)
with chinesey look to complement her adoring features.. Makes you wanna have one of ur own aye, king? lol

Anonymous said...

that is one adorable baby....
CUTE...!!!!
i got a friend with almost the same name as your niece's... your niece is chiau ling, and my friend is ling qiao... the similar chinese character but terbalik...

Kochi said...

Ewww I do not wish to be under the crying circumstance. Simply nerve wrecking but I'd love to make babies cry. Nyahahahaha.....
I'll be a good uncle, hopefully, for sure.

I'd wanna have my own one definitely, it's just a matter of time~

Yes babies are adorable, except those with anomalies~~
Ah, just a suggestion of names. My dad is still thinking hard about the name....I wonder what would it be?

Anonymous said...

hoho my niece's middle name is also 巧,which is named by her "kuku" (me lor lol) *proud*

actually her name is 巧兒 but her name also needed a roof so i simply added a 草字頭 to the word 兒 and created a new chinese character haha.

ur niece is really cute ler hope her uncle king won't bully her too much la. so it's good tat ur far away from her in the meantime hahah just kidding.. congrats ^_^

Kochi said...

Lol...maybe the 巧 should be added with a 竹字头. That would not be nice but the sound is there. HAHA, is that a new character too?

Luckily I'm here and they're there. So I'm free from baby sitting her, which when she cries, I'd go frantically crazy, and abuse her -_-"

Thanks you guys, I'll be a good uncle despite the above.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!=)

sHaBuYa said...

not Tan Qiao Ling meh??
not 陈巧琳咩??

Kochi said...

yes.....just that they weren't sure which "lin" to use yet back then hehehehe