You are the (x) reader!!

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Month Of Agony




It's JUNE, people......Run....run......right we're still nowhere to go.

June is the month of torture.

The first big deal is the exams. 24-7 sinking head down the books is what we do here in this month. But nevertheless we could handle exams better.

The second deal is the weather. June has the hottest condition of summer. Temperature could soar as high as 38 centigrade, which is, without an air-conditioner, agonizing, sleep sweating, smelly pyjamas and stinky bedlinen.
But this year's june is cool. I love it.

The last but not least super-duper-mega-ultra-mumbo-jumbo deal is the acute hot water supply shortage. Richer students would buy a portable water heater to heat up the icy cold water. The less fortunate ones could only rely on the central water heating system that is supplied by the government. Once in a year, in June precisely, they would turn it off for some piping repair which I saw them repairing during the winter as well. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks, sometimes it takes 2 months. When the weather is hot, this turnoff is pretty beneficial to the sweaty body and balls. But when the weather is not reaching 30 centigrade, this is a total mental massacre to people who would like to take a hot warm shower. Not sure if the deans office didn't pay the bill for hot water or what, though I've heard from my Russian friend telling me that there's no hot water supply in his apartment too. But this usually roughly takes about 1-2 weeks for it to resume its operation.

My bottomline is I can't take this anymore since I'm not going back to Malaysia this summer, and probably the next coming one. I'll beg papa to let me get a water heater. A real cheap one of course. By then I'll be showering and singing with my sweet lovely romantic voice.

Below is how I take my bath while not having a hot water supply.

Dirty version
Step 1 : Shampoo my hair, wash my feet, wash my ding dongs with cold water.
(Consequences - Headache, peripheral vasoconstriction, shrinkage of...)

Step 2: Wet towel, wipe the remaining uncleaned parts.
(Consequences - Filthy and dissatisfaction)

Clean version
Step 1 : Boil water.
Step 2: Shampoo my hair, wash my cute puffy face.
Step 3: Fill the pail with cold water.
Step 4: Pour hot water mixing with the cold water until warm.
Step 5: Bathe normally.
(Consequences - time consuming, dangerous playing with hot water, headache)

Retard version
Step 1 : Turn on the water.
Step 2: Count 1,2,3....
Step 3: Let's get the party started....Disco dancing.....
(Consequences - hypothermia, shiver)

Of course my priority is the cleaner version. If I get lazy I'll use the dirty method. Usually I'll have one day clean and one day dirty interval.

If I'm running outta time, the retard version is chosen to be performed.


How I hope I'll get a portable heater ASAP.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

the notice say no hot water only til june 17th!~ :)

Kochi said...

last year they wrote 2 weeks too, but the hot water comes after 5 weeks.

Anonymous said...

haha...very funny!

Anonymous said...

hey!i'm using ur so-called "retard version" ler!garhhh!!!(>~<)shud called "tough version" cuz NOT every1 can go thru that..kaka!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they didnt pay their bills.
well here is what i propose for really broke guys without a heater: If water does not come by 17th start showering in the hospital patients bathrooms hehehe. At least they have hot water.
Oh you know what sucks more...
1. Next year hostel fees increase by 15% for this hostel and 50% for hostel no. 1.

Soon im shifting to a flat. This place is hell. I tell you these guys are finding all ways of sucking money. Soon u might have to pay just to take a pee n flush the loo!

Kochi said...

Yeah that's a really good idea!! But I have to makeup alot with thick foundation to "thicken my face".
And what....they wanna increase hostel fee, again??
50% is alot, but have you asked for the price for renting a flat?
It's kinda expensive u know~
Maybe I'll live with some miserable old people sharing an apartment if it came to the worst case scenario.

Anonymous said...

actually am moving in with my Russian girl in HER flat. So i get
1. The hot water
2. Sex
3. Good food
4. Sex
5. Someone to do my laundary
6. Sex
7. Ill never shower alone
So u see. I wont be singing that song of urs:) She will sing it for me

Kochi said...

*stunned* are u not hui ming?? LOL I thought u were my friend's gf. I'm interested to know who u are if u're not her....LOL

Shit, u got all the benefits. That's so unfair~~~~~~ hahaha

Christie said...

i really want to try the retard version...but i'm so scared..so..what to do..i choose to waste time..
btw..change the blog tht u help me promote can? change to blogspot one..thx...=)